Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ich bin heir!

Howdy Team,
I made it here to Berlin no problem. The weather is similar to DC: cold with rain/snow. My housemate Julia came to pick me up at the airport which was very sweet of her. Thomas and Julia are so great. They are really friendly and eager to help me with my German. Thomas does freelance radio stuff and Julia is finishing up her masters in phyto medicine. Julia is a veggie and thus Thomas is too. Yahoo. They are also non-smokers which makes my lungs happy.
Speaking of happy lungs it appears that my commute is slightly longer than anticipated. I will be biking probably around 20 miles a day which is similar to my DC commute. This will mean I can drink as much beer as I want and not have to worry about putting on a belly. :) Adrian is also my friendly bike part benefactor so that works out well.
My German needs to jump on the fast track because I want to be able to get around town and loose the image of the American who lives in Germany but doesn't speak the language. If you speak German feel free to email me in German because I can use the practice.
Starting February 27th I will have class 6 to 8 hours a day so I have a feeling I won't be posting a whole bunch of info once school starts. I will be taking my core classes for a Masters of Science in International Health. If you would like to know specifically what I am learning you can click on this link, or paste it into your web browser, http://www.internationalhealth.de/programme_structure.html .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola amorcilla!! :) mala mala q ni me avisaste q te venias para alemania... :( y cuanto tiempo te quedas? y no me vas a visitar aki en hamburg? ich würde mich ganz dolle freuen, ruf einfach an bei mir, sonst rufe ich auch durch. alles liebe, lots of hugs y muchos besos para mi amiga paige!! :D

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home