Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Reaching New Lows in Bergen


Don’t worry this short blog isn’t going to be as much of a downer as the title suggests. The new lows refer to a new favorite pass time…hitting the electric beach. Yes, all of you that know me gasp at the thought. But, it’s snowing and I am as white as a bed sheet. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I write this because I would like to apologize for all those people in the North West that I hassled about trying to be tan. I understand now. With that being said, I only once every two weeks so it isn’t excessive.

When I am not baking myself, I am hanging out. I just finished my last course of my masters yesterday. I think I pretty well nailed the test which is a nice way to end my studies. It makes me start thinking about doing a PhD but then I wake up and realize that I should really get a job. I have this next two weeks off so I’ll be doing a combination of sending out my CV, writing cover letters, and doing a little work on the thesis. The original plan was to spend these two weeks off in Berlin. But, I like Bergen and I have some nice friends here in the student dorm. You can see a picture of two of my dormie friends below. You’ll notice we’re soaking wet. Adverse weather conditions don’t deter Norwegians from going out on a Saturday. They’re hard core, thus us international students must follow suit.

After Bergen, I’ll be off to Italy for a week with my friend Leif. (See big sunglass day below for a reference.) Look for the next entry as it should be exciting and a confirmation of my safe arrival back to the states. Sending Viking love your way…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanning...I just don't believe it...Utter shock...After always knowing I could count on you to pack the SPF 30! Pagina, you must cease this. What next...cigarettes?! Please think of your skin's future :o(

Okay enough of this verbal lashing. Congrats on finishing up with school! Yay! I can't wait to hear about what lucky organization scoops you up and then find ways for your org. and Project Concern Int'l (my place of business)to partner :o) Sending you a big hug mi amiga lejana!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey back to the doer's and, what was the other one? I dont know (the connor's haaaa JK). I call it the talkers and the doer's. My screenplay is almost done. After Newline fired me I figured I could die slowly or write and thus far the response has been very good. Looking for non corporate jobs and interviewing at chill places, its all about the people you work with, not just the job. Just a little advice when you go out on interviews. If the vibe is good go for it. Living in the LBC for now-the only place where the rims cost more than the car. Moveing to Santa Monica soon-depends on the job. Life has a way of working itself out that is truely amazing. Val is going to law school, Austin is getting married, kelly is married, bla bla. So many people to get blenders for! My cat Tasha died ): So much for marrying my cat.
Stay in school forever
love ya,
michelle

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I know, you consider yourself to be "Christian"!?!?!?!?

Well, I guess you forgot about one of the Ten Commandments, just to remind you, my dear:

"...Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbor. Neither shall you covet your neighbor’s wife."

See you in hell!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home