Paige out West

Yahoo for Portland, Oregon! This blog will be a place for friends and family to check out what I am up to. The address will stay paigedeut even though I may or may not be in Germany. Now it stands for eveyone's favorite book in the Bible...Deuteronomy.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Q. What do most people do in a time of economic crisis and job insecurity?
A. Save money, dine in, travel less.
Q. What do I do in such a time?
A. Go on a 3+ week vacation in Europe and Northern Africa.

In my mind: unemployment = free time to travel. Therefore, back in September when it looked as though my job would be temporary and my parents would be in Germany for the holidays, I went ahead and booked a ticket to Berlin. My time across the Atlantic was an exciting mix of catching up with friends in Germany, Hungary, and Spain and perhaps my craziest adventure to date: exotic and randomly selected based on airline ticket price - Tunisia.

You’ll note that I don’t have many photos of my hanging out time. There are a couple reasons why: I forget I have a digi cam, coffee shop pictures aren’t that exciting, and the party pictures would be incriminating. I do wish, however, that I took more pictures of the cute babes my buddies produced in my seventh month absence from the European continent. In any case, the good news is that I do have some crazy photos from Tunisia. Below please find photo documentation of some of the highlights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home