Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Q. What do most people do in a time of economic crisis and job insecurity?
A. Save money, dine in, travel less.
Q. What do I do in such a time?
A. Go on a 3+ week vacation in Europe and Northern Africa.

In my mind: unemployment = free time to travel. Therefore, back in September when it looked as though my job would be temporary and my parents would be in Germany for the holidays, I went ahead and booked a ticket to Berlin. My time across the Atlantic was an exciting mix of catching up with friends in Germany, Hungary, and Spain and perhaps my craziest adventure to date: exotic and randomly selected based on airline ticket price - Tunisia.

You’ll note that I don’t have many photos of my hanging out time. There are a couple reasons why: I forget I have a digi cam, coffee shop pictures aren’t that exciting, and the party pictures would be incriminating. I do wish, however, that I took more pictures of the cute babes my buddies produced in my seventh month absence from the European continent. In any case, the good news is that I do have some crazy photos from Tunisia. Below please find photo documentation of some of the highlights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home