Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Book Report: Going Zero

A friend from church started a silent book. I've only attended once because this extrovert is all over the place. However, through this group I've got a few good tips of books, like this one.


As my devoted blog readers know, I am generally laissez-faire about online security. Ahem, I post  flattering photos of my family on this very public blogger. Case in point:




My general feeling is that Putin has all the information he could want on me as do any hackers. My protection strategy is keeping my net worth and political aspirations low. jokes. Truthfully though, mercifully I'm not a worrier by nature and I will continue to be counter cultural in the few ways I can.  #NeverBerlinenough

Did this book give me pause? No, I'm still living my life. Was it entertaining? Yes. 

Not totally related, this book also gave me another little nudge to try turning off my phone for 24 hours. Paul and the kids were in away and I thought it would be a good time to try. Being phone free was more of a "learning" vs "liberating" experience. I now understand why Carmen is always on the hunt for kids to play with her. Mid-day, I started knocking on my neighbors doors to ask if they would play tennis with me. 

Like many life struggles, it inspired art. I don't know if we can call it "good" art as the images were produced using AI. I would have preferred to commission kid art. 


But, I also wanted to have an "adult bedroom" before turning 43.  

Can you identify that Bible verse made more gender inclusive with the help of some of our favorite Berlin symbols

This birth year is the start of "phone-free Sundays"*. I need to be available in the morning for kids' church purposes but once church is out, I'm offline until Monday. I will have my bricked phone around to continue to scribble down my Todos and thoughts because not having all my "brilliant ideas" in one place after my truly phone free day caused more mental clutter than it was worth. If anyone else wants to join-in on the phone free Sundays* let me know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home