Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Thursday, September 03, 2026

Book Report: Code Name Pale Horse

There are a lot of things I appreciate about living in Germany. 

Starting school celebrations for first graders

And specifically Berlin:

Being able to ride safely to said school celebrations.

But one thing I don't love is coming home to advertisements about easy drug delivery:


Paul told me that he read something on Reddit about how law enforcement in Germany are not allowed to do so called "sting operations" ie pretending to buy drugs and then arresting dealers. As such, drug dealers can just openly advertise. Did I fact check this? No. I'm trying to avoid ADHD rabbit holes to produce excellent content for my numerous blog fans. You're welcome. Which brings me to a book I recently enjoyed. 


In the USA, FBI agents can do sting operations. According to this book, and many other accounts, lives are saved in the process. This book does have a small intro to why the USA has many, many bigger drug problems than the Germany will ever have. So, Germany still wins there, every time. 

What I liked about this book is that it was entertaining enough to get me through hours of cleaning/organizing all the things while not generally filling my head with nonsense like these less edifying reads:

Thankful not to be navigating high school romance.

Almost lost me on all the focus on pets, but I persevered. 

I didn't fall in love with the characters in the book, but I'm so close to the end.

Although, in the midst of these "classy" reads I also squeezed in another Anne Lamott that I somehow missed.

When I can't have real-life God mother time, Anne Lamott fills in the gaps.

Gratuitous photo of Mimi and Hugo looking adorable.

But I digress.... if you do pick-up Code Name: Pale Horse, let me know. I'd love to hear what you think. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home