Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Día de los Enamorados




Why the Spanish you ask...because I am living the good life in Cádiz, Spain. I am here for a week visiting my friend Alex who is doing a UW study abroad program here. Cádiz is sweet. I have been to the beach everyday since I have been here. (Never mind that it’s still a bit too cold to swim.) The sun is out. I also did the whole yahoo Spanish discoteca thing and set a new record of 7:30 am return from the bars on Saturday. That was pretty glorious. Tons of good dancing. Actually, that’s a little bit of a lie, the Euro techno is in full swing here which is not my most favorite type of music. On Friday I went out with my housemates to a party in Berlin and Germans sure do love techno as well. I better get used to it. Anyway, back to Spain.
I spent the first night in Cádiz a ghetto hippy hostel but then Alex hooked me up with a residencia that his Spanish parents own. I am staying in an apartment a couple floors up from the family and I get to eat with Alex and his family which is great. His Spanish parents are good people. I kind of feel like I am getting to do another study abroad but I don’t have to go to class. I mean not that study abroad is known for its academics but I definitely put in some study time in
Chile.
So that’s the word on the street these days. I am pretty much living the dream. On Friday I head back to
Germany for a road trip with my friend Esther. We are going to visit her mom in Bielefeld and hang out in Berlin for a couple days. Good times. So, I hope this email finds all of you well on Valentines Day. I am sorry that this is the first year in many that I didn’t send out Valentines. It´s a big bummer. Nevertheless, please send me some addresses so I can send out some pretty postcards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home