Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo Berlin! This blog will be a place for friends and family to get very occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Día de los Enamorados




Why the Spanish you ask...because I am living the good life in Cádiz, Spain. I am here for a week visiting my friend Alex who is doing a UW study abroad program here. Cádiz is sweet. I have been to the beach everyday since I have been here. (Never mind that it’s still a bit too cold to swim.) The sun is out. I also did the whole yahoo Spanish discoteca thing and set a new record of 7:30 am return from the bars on Saturday. That was pretty glorious. Tons of good dancing. Actually, that’s a little bit of a lie, the Euro techno is in full swing here which is not my most favorite type of music. On Friday I went out with my housemates to a party in Berlin and Germans sure do love techno as well. I better get used to it. Anyway, back to Spain.
I spent the first night in Cádiz a ghetto hippy hostel but then Alex hooked me up with a residencia that his Spanish parents own. I am staying in an apartment a couple floors up from the family and I get to eat with Alex and his family which is great. His Spanish parents are good people. I kind of feel like I am getting to do another study abroad but I don’t have to go to class. I mean not that study abroad is known for its academics but I definitely put in some study time in
Chile.
So that’s the word on the street these days. I am pretty much living the dream. On Friday I head back to
Germany for a road trip with my friend Esther. We are going to visit her mom in Bielefeld and hang out in Berlin for a couple days. Good times. So, I hope this email finds all of you well on Valentines Day. I am sorry that this is the first year in many that I didn’t send out Valentines. It´s a big bummer. Nevertheless, please send me some addresses so I can send out some pretty postcards.

3 Comments:

Blogger EncountersWithGod said...

Hola Bella! NO puedo creer q estas en Europa!!! Q increible! Y en Cadiz! Q lindo!! Iba a estudiar en Cadiz ... al final fui a Uruguay pero me dijeron que esta lindisima la ciudad! Muchos bendiciones por tu viaje en Espana y despues en alemania! -lisa

10:17 AM  
Blogger linda said...

Paigey Waige
Happy Valentine's from your Mummy II. Thanks for the call at the airport. I have heard raves about Cadiz. You will be nice and tan for the snow and rain when you get back to Germany. Glad all is working well with the roomates. That's such a big part of it. You'll be in great shape riding your bike. I'm just starting to read Matthew (5 chapters a week). If you want to start then we can share what we heard.
Love you lots.
Linda

10:55 AM  
Blogger TylerBeckley said...

Hey, Paige. I miss your cute little Valentine's Day card. I am super jealous of you chilling on the beach. It has actually been really nice here this past week. I start my new job next week. I am stoked. I'll talk to you soon.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home