Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Going out with a bang

Greetings from beautiful Eugene, Oregon. Yes, it’s official, I’m back stateside for a bit. I made it home safe and mostly sound – except for a bit of a mono relapse. But don’t pity me because the last few weeks rocked my world. Let me tell you about them…

In my last blog, I mentioned that I extended my time in Bergen. Well, I shortened it again because Berlin was calling me back. Berlin, in my opinion, was the coolest city in Europe, but now it’s in a tie with Rome. Rome has the most concentrated amount of art, history, and other “cultural stuff” while Berlin has a fascinating recent history, a bike friendly atmosphere, and a much much more exciting nightlife. Before you start thinking that I am a big Euro snob, you’ll notice below that I, with the help of Leif, created ten ways to dirt-bag Italy. We were both on a budget so we had to get a little creative. Instead of giving you the blow by blow of our awesome trip to Italy, I just explained some of the pictures below.

My flight home left from Budapest. So I spent Easter weekend there. I got the pleasure of spending some time with my friend Inna, see Krakow pictures for a reference. Inna spent the first semester of her Fulbright in Pecs and then moved to Budapest. That worked out great for me. You’ll see some pictures of us and her friend Alla below.

Well it looks like this will be my last blog update for a while. I’ll post something once I find a job just to keep you updated. The plan is to hang around the North West of the United States through summer before heading abroad again for at least a year. Feel free to pass my name along to any people you know in the international health community. Ahhh…networking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home