Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Drum Roll Please….

I found a job! It’s not selling karaoke machines at Costco, teaching swimming/chemistry/phys ed, pretending to be a rock star, or any of those adventures; this is the real deal. I am working as an assistant in a company that does consulting for organizations and companies that work in international aid. I won’t go much into detail on the ole blog because I am now a “professional”. Suffice it to say that this job is essentially my dream job and I couldn’t be happier. The job offer also came two days after coming home. Sweet.

I also have a new man in my life. Of course there is a catch; he’s related to me. Little Oliver Robert Beckley has stolen my heart along with the rest of the Beckley family. Holding that little guy while he throws up all over me is a reminder of what’s important in life. I love being an aunt. (I hope to post some pictures here soon. Heck now that I have a job maybe I’ll buy a digi cam and start documenting my life a little better.)

I am starting to settle back into Seattle life. Well as settled as I settled: bouncing between sleeping on Caitlin and Tyler’s couches and planning road trips almost every weekend. When my boss is away on business I can work remotely. I’m hoping to make it to San Francisco, Michigan, and San Diego sometime in the near future.

In other news, I just signed up for the Seattle to Portland Bike Ride (STP) next month. I haven’t been on a bike in ten months but I am hoping this adventure will be a little less painful than the Berlin half marathon which I did with two days of training. So far it’s been tough to get up the motivation to ride because it’s Juneuary here in Seattle. Schesh.

I think I am going to keep up the blog – keep it up = once a month or so update - even though the country hopping might be on hold. I think people are still reading it. Today I did a google search of ‘Paige Mexico’ and my page came up sixth. I don’t want to leave my fans hanging even if the material is a different kind of crazy. To my readers - thank you for reading my blog and supporting me during the master’s degree that turned out to be more of an adventure than we imagined. I can only hope that the working world offers equally exciting surprises.

2 Comments:

Blogger yuan family said...

Congratulations Paige on the new job...how exciting! You should add Minnesota to your list of places to visit! ;)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Laurel Mathewson said...

Wow... who would've guessed your blog would have become such a hit? You should start selling ads. Just telling the ad people about the "Paige Mexico" google search should be a good start in finding takers.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home