Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Snail Hunting

Schneke is the word for snail in German. It's also the word for cinnamon roll. (Also, East German slang for a cute girl.) Per my last post, getting out the door usually involves the draw of either sweets or a sausage. So when my friend Shannon got the hot tip for the best Schneke in town, we were ready for the adventure.

Google maps said a 17 minute walk to The Bread Station from our house. Our usual rule of thumb is whatever google says multiply it by three. With the snow, and some help with Rammy, we arrived in about an hour to a lunch of Boston creme brioche pies and Schnekes. #healthfulmom The Schneke turned out to be more of a kouign-amann. Amazing. We also picked up a loaf of Brioche; Crosby is now understandably hooked. 

For the way back, I convinced Shannon to squish in Rammy and let the motor do the work.

Hugo feel asleep on Shannon in about five minutes. He is pictured here not happy about loosing his snuggle buddy.


Carmen was still snoring away so I threw an extra poncho on her and used the Ipad as a baby monitor to give her another 30 minutes of rest. 

The Scandinavians famously put their bundled babies out in their prams to sleep. Carmen's poor little hands and feet were pretty chilly so I don't think I'll try this one again at this temperature. 

This snow has been a welcome source of entertainment and beauty in these challenging times. Because I can't resist the cuteness, I leave you with our little Schneke:





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home