Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Houston we have a problem

As I was snuggling one of my littles to bed tonight, I was bummed about how we ended up with post-church poopy pants for the second Sunday night in a row. Both Sundays I got fair warning and just didn't accommodate. 

During my blissful snuggle session I thought, "yes, I missed the poop cues, but I also am taking in a lot of input." The analogy of a pilots' cockpit came to mind. Just for fun, I thought I would write up a sort of "Mission Control Panel".

Let's see if you can read my hand writing. Also, I decided to blur the kids' names like we don't know who is who. ha!

I was expecting four dials for me and three or four for the kids. As you can see, sleep and hunger are just the beginning. But let's celebrate the small victories of the last week:

Pancake flipping: check

Team Napping: check

Exercise: check. Not pictured: two rounds of swimming. Cros can now do backstroke the length of the pool.

Whispering into each others' mouths: technically not part of the control panel but a much enjoyed activity.

Work demand: check (one week off)

If you do write up your own family control panel, I'd love to see it. Stay sane out there. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

xoxo, DTJ

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home