Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Friday, August 16, 2024

Book Report: Searching for Sunday

One of the many things I love about our church is the "old-school" paper church program every Sunday. In an ideal world, every Monday following the service I go through and look up all the German words I don’t know. While reading over the program a few months ago, I saw a quote from one of my favorite authors from one of her books that I hadn’t yet read.


Listening to anything by Rachel Held Evans feels like a phone call home to a dear friend. Sometimes the time zones don't line-up or the kids are sick so I listen to the audio books of the friend I wish I had. I've enjoyed all of her books, and this is no different. It was especially sweet to finish her book while walking a mini "Camino de Brandenburgo" - Bad Belzig to Hagelberg. 


While waiting at the bus stop to go back to Kiki's and my airbnb, a friendly woman offered to drive me back to town. Nothing like a little hitch-hiking to feel young again. 

This actual birthday is shaping up to be less eventful than last, as Hugo tested positive for Covid yesterday. But thankfully I celebrated early this year. I got my birthday dance a whole month before with my friend Amaya. 

 One Tom's heal changed to a flat on the way out the door. But no wardrobe malfunction would stop us.

I drank sangria with my Bible Study girls a couple days after dancing. Two weeks ago, Kiki and I spent four glorious days watching Olympics, catching up, and getting some work done (her) while I walked through the forest.

Seen here walking to a hot springs/sauna

Last week, Paul's parents sponsored a family adventure to Innsbruck. 

The "Growly Bear". It was great on a Beckley family vacation in 1988 and now Biggs in 2024.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. It's another mom-tastic birthday with these super-spreaders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home