Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Friday, May 17, 2024

Book Report: Scrappy Little Nobody

When the going gets tough, the tough... distract themselves with celebrity memoirs.


At dinner we do the classic highlight and lowlight routine with the kids. Each child shares a good thing and a bad thing that happened that day. Ideally they talk in some semblance of order because, see point two of the "candy after dinner check-list":


This week my highlight is that Paul started a new job on Wednesday. I know nothing about how it's going because he got food poisoning on his first day and then he spent the rest of his non-working hours helping me navigate one of the most annoying German bureaucracy dramas to date. After around five hours waiting for doctors, I got the exact medically redundant form so that Carmen could go back to Kita with a rash which is the hallmark of fifth disease no longer being contagious.  

As you can see from this peak rash photo, she was very unwell.

Once I had an empty house, I finished Anna Kendrick's memoir while stress cleaning. I generally like hearing people's stories but mostly I was interested in her perspective of being a small person in a normal sized person's world. Her childhood experiences of looking much younger than her age were very similar to mine. It was a welcome point of connection when bureaucracy had me questioning my sanity and place in the universe. Also, she has some silly musings on life which I needed to hear before a long weekend with kiddos. Stay sane out there!
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xoxo - DTJ

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home