Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

An open letter to my liver on International Women's Day

I was planning on writing a blog on International Women's Day declaring victory for surviving two years of near constant illness.  We started out International Women's Day 2022 with a stomach flu and then moved on to - in no particular order - flu flu, a couple rounds of covid, grief masked in depression, grief in all its glory, asthma masked as coughs, asthma, broken elbow on the growth plate, food poisoning, parasites, fevers, more stomach bugs - no common colds though. There are no such thing as colds anymore - all post Covid colds come with fevers and/or lead to secondary infections. 

OMG Paige - we get it, you've been sick. Yes, but considering I just wrapped up a round of antibiotics for aforementioned secondary infection, the illness suffering is still fresh for me. I think the antibiotics did their job in my sinuses but TBD if they cleared my lungs completely. I spent International Women's Day giving my liver this pep talk:

"I'm sorry to put you through so much these last couple weeks with the constant alternating of Ib profin, Tylenol (parecetemol), Aleve (naproxen), DayQuil, Nyquil, and Sinopret. But, in our 40 years I have fed you more green smoothies than alcoholic beverages, so you can do this."

These last two years have taken its toll in addition to normal #momlife which is why I felt validated when I recently came across this article. Flashback to ten years ago to when I had similar glorious fashion malfunctions as mentioned in the beach article above.

You’re welcome, Paul. 

This photo is actually fitting for International Women's Day. When we first moved into our new apartment my neighbor was working for Bild newspaper. He said it is the "Fox news of Germany". I said, "Isn't that the publication with the full color inserts of women with big fake boobs in the middle pages?" My neighbor said "No, we stopped printing those photos for International Women's Day a couple years ago." Here on my blog, big boobs will continue to be celebrated - and their passing mourned - for International Women's Days to come.   

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xoxo, DTJ

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home