Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Chocolate Recycling Tips

I realized I left out a couple blog goals from my penultimate post

Convince Dudu to come visit:

Waiting until we live somewhere where skiing is a 20 minute bus-ride away is also acceptable.

Write book reports:

Ashley, dream sister in-law, turned me on to Emily Henry. No pun intended. I finished People we Meet on Vacation and will be starting this once my parenting books become less pressing or I just need a mental break.

Share "depression era wife" (Paul's label) or "new-sustainable era spouse" (my label) tips:

That brings me to this post - I'll be talking about chocolate recycling. Every Christmas we receive approximately 20 chocolate Santas. 

While Hugo from a young age showed adeptness at finishing one - there is a limit.

These are my favorite recipes:

Granola Balls - The recipe is for bars but balls are just easier.

Brownies - Sub for chocolate chips.

Hot Chocolate - I just winged it on this one. Scoop of unsweetened cocoa powder, half a Santa for sweetness, and any kind of milk on the stovetop. 

As I've mentioned before, another option to use up ingredients is just to give them to us, and then I'll remix them for you and/or live stream my kids happily eating said remixes.

Thanks Gen for the cookies to bribe inspire the littles to get out the door.

Thanks Val for the food markers to avoid breakfast burrito spice surprises.

Thanks Diana for sending us home with so many post-party leftovers.

Thanks Niv for the chicken to make schnitzel. 

The first stop for extra ingredients might be our freezer. But the last stop will be our bellies. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xoxo, Dudu

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home