Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Monday, January 29, 2024

Girls' Road Trip

Family friends can be tricky. Growing up, I remember not totally jiving with the kids of my parents’ friends with notable exceptions - hi Mimi! As such, when the Biglets click with the kids of our adult friends - we try and make the connections happen. Carmen is obsessed with my friend Amy’s kids. For this reason, when Amy asked if we wanted to do a couple night girls’ trip - we were in.


Amy found two places - an airbnb with an option to milk cows or a family resort with half-board.  As this Onion article confirms, it isn’t a vacation if I have to cook. Amy isn't accustomed to such laziness but as I found on the trip - she and the girls are ready for anything. 


We started the trip during nap time. This detail is totally unnecessary to include but look how cute they are:

One down.
Two down. Cassidy is awake, but my photography skills just keep you guessing.

Our meals looked like this:

Leah stuffing her face while the 'big girls' were varying levels of distracted. 

Our entertainment looked like this:
I actually took the time to "do" Carmen's hair and she "did" Cassidy's hair while Leah went down for a nap.
Lots of hand holding to get around. 

The hotel had my favorite amenity:
I've never seen one of these popcorn machines outside of Germany. It even plays music while you wait for the popcorn to pop.

In addition to an indoor pool, an indoor play structure, and an outdoor swimming lake (only in the summer), there was live music and/or a DJ at night. This hotel being outside Berlin, the music was very unfortunately mostly Schlager. For those unfamiliar with German 'hits', this is the most famous song.  You can likely watch that video without sound to get the Schlager gist without the nausea. I always say dancing to bad music is a good test of your skills. 
I did a little demo of my go-to middle-school break dancing moves. The girls were quick studies.

Carmen and I were planning on having a little stay-cation next week with the boys going skiing in Italy. But with our buddies not joining, Carmen and I are coming along for the ride. I'm hoping my little dancer will continue to do this post ski lessons:
So we can spend our evenings doing this:
Thanks Amy for planning and executing a get-away during an otherwise long Christmas break! It's a special trip for daughters like Carmen and me, who don't have sisters, to get a taste of the sister magic.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home