Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The craziness doesn't stop once stateside

Greetings from Flint, Michigan! What? How in the heck did you end up in Flint? Good question. There is always a story...
This Monday I had a job interview in Chicago for the position I've been talking about in South Africa with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). It was my first "business" trip where I wore a suit, stayed in a hotel, and had paid travel. I can't lie, it wasn't bad. As far as the interview went, I think it went ok. They are interviewing two people for the position so I should hear at the end of the week or beginning of next week if I got the position. Well, actually that isn't true, I also have to go through a rather lengthy psychological evaluation. FYI - everyone has to do this evaluation not just me. That process will take a month. But, I have faith that I will pass. I'll mention more about the position if I actually get it. The interview process took about 5 hours. I met with many different people at the ELCA and we talked about the challenges of working in South Africa and my motivation to work there.
After the interview I jumped on a train to Flint to visit my friend Nina and her husband Alex. Nina is a friend that I met in Chile. I've been in Michigan a couple times to visit her. I planned on flying back home to Eugene on Thursday but then Colleen Donegan, a friend from high school, invited me to work catering a party in New York City on the 14th of June. This opportunity seemed too good to pass up. To make a long story short I did some playing with my schedule so I'll be heading to DC this weekend to visit some friends and then jump up to NYC for the week before heading back to Eugene on the 16th of June. Being unemployed aint bad. Maybe I should keep it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home