Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Self Employment Is the New Funemployment

Good news! As of two weeks ago, I am employed. You’re looking at the principal of Piccola Group LLC. Piccola is an acronym for Project Coordination, Investigation / Research, Multilingual Communication, Consulting , Organizational Support, Logistics, and Administrative Solutions. The catch: I’m self employed and don’t have many clients. (Tell everybody you know I’m wide open for projects.) The hope is to build Piccola Group while looking for other full or part-time work. I’ll be working to expand my services - getting certified as a translator / interpreter, getting my liquor license - and learning about setting up a business - marketing, putting together a website, etc. It’s a fun project.

When I’m not “working” you’ll find me around Seattle swimming, playing tennis, salsa dancing, catching-up with friends, hosting parties, and hanging out with Oliver. Summer is hands down the best season to have free time. That being said, I’m really hoping that I land something more or less stable before too long.

As promised, below please find a photojournalism project on Julie’s and my epic trip to Vancouver, BC. We reached some new levels of dirt bagging.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just met a cool guy from PATH. When I asked him if there were any job openings, he said not unless I have a masters degree in public health. I immediately thought you two should meet and talk.

Any interest?

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home