Paige out West

Yahoo for Portland, Oregon! This blog will be a place for friends and family to check out what I am up to. The address will stay paigedeut even though I may or may not be in Germany. Now it stands for eveyone's favorite book in the Bible...Deuteronomy.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Self Employment Is the New Funemployment

Good news! As of two weeks ago, I am employed. You’re looking at the principal of Piccola Group LLC. Piccola is an acronym for Project Coordination, Investigation / Research, Multilingual Communication, Consulting , Organizational Support, Logistics, and Administrative Solutions. The catch: I’m self employed and don’t have many clients. (Tell everybody you know I’m wide open for projects.) The hope is to build Piccola Group while looking for other full or part-time work. I’ll be working to expand my services - getting certified as a translator / interpreter, getting my liquor license - and learning about setting up a business - marketing, putting together a website, etc. It’s a fun project.

When I’m not “working” you’ll find me around Seattle swimming, playing tennis, salsa dancing, catching-up with friends, hosting parties, and hanging out with Oliver. Summer is hands down the best season to have free time. That being said, I’m really hoping that I land something more or less stable before too long.

As promised, below please find a photojournalism project on Julie’s and my epic trip to Vancouver, BC. We reached some new levels of dirt bagging.

1 Comments:

Blogger K. Trembley said...

I just met a cool guy from PATH. When I asked him if there were any job openings, he said not unless I have a masters degree in public health. I immediately thought you two should meet and talk.

Any interest?

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home