Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Friday, May 19, 2023

Book Report: How to Kill Your Family

Ok, ok, before everyone starts worrying about how I came across this book you should know that it was recommended to me by my Uncle Karl. 

The book is just as cheeky as the title. If I wasn't recovering from some kind of fever bug, I would be walking around Berlin listening to this book. As someone who doesn't usually read mysteries, much less murder mysteries, I understand why they make you want to keep reading.


In theory, right now I have the time to finish this book. Paul is with the kids and his parents in Regensburg, Bavaria. I was to join him, but chose to not take my illness on the road. And thus, for the first time in literally 10 years - since Paul went on a business trip while I was pregnant - I am spending three nights alone. Truth be told, it is totally unnerving. I have no idea how single people survived the months and years of corona isolation. As such, no one has anything to worry about around here. My current inner monologue might have a British accent. However, I won't be taking any notes on this book; I'll just enjoy the dark humor until these people return back to me.


They look miserable without their mother. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home