Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Help me Ronda...

I learned a couple days ago that ronda in Hungarian means ugly. Rondas traveling to Hungary beware. The blog title is somewhat fitting because this entry is not a declaration of my proudest or happiest moments.

Reading about a break up on a blog is bad form. Very bad form. But, the problem with distance is that you never know when you are going to talk to a friend. So, I guess I feel like it’s only fair to mention the situation so that three months from now I don’t have to field the late questions.

Adrian and I aren’t quitters. Adrian’s profession is about not quitting and all of those close to me know that I am a fighter. Nevertheless, sometimes life, or in my world view – God, makes it very clear that something isn’t supposed to happen. It’s kind of like how I didn’t get into any universities other than UW. Adrian and I have all of the odds against us right now. Even if just one of us stopped doing whatever we were doing, it still wouldn’t be possible for us to be together. So, we are breaking up. Although it’s kind of a hiatus because there is no good reason besides geography and careers to stop dating. I think we’ll just do our jobs to the best of our abilities and maybe some day life, God, will make the timing better for us. In the mean time, we’ll be able to focus our energy on the things that are going for us, Adrian back in the US and me running around Europe.

In other news, Hungary is still good. The weather has been great which has been torturing me because I am inside all day working away on my laptop. But, I of course do get out to run and ride my bike around. Recently, I have met some friends who enjoy dancing so I am getting out and seeing the Pecs nightlife. They even have a salsa bar here. Bonus round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home