Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So close but yet so far away...

I didn't get the South Africa job. I have a good Jeopardy show analogy that expresses my feelings. I got on the Jeopardy show, which in it's self is exciting. But, I blew it in the finals by waging my whole total and getting the answer wrong thus loosing the game. But, thankfully I have the great parting gift which is hanging out with buddies on the east coast.
I wish I would have gotten the position but I'm starting to see why maybe it wasn't the best for me. The organization was totally disorganized and consistently late in getting back to me. The icing on the cake was that the organization didn't even have the courtesy to call me and tell me that I wasn't chosen. I had to call them. Needless to say I'm a bit bitter about the process but I am hopeful that there is a better possibility out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger yuan family said...

Sorry to hear that Paige. Something will come along. Next time you are out in the midwest, give us a call! You were only 5 hours away from us from Chicago!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Paige, get on the bandwagon, get on myspace. I know too cool for school, but I found a lot of great old school homies on there and its a great way to catch up. Rejection, its a part of life. I know it must be hard for you since you have never failed at anything in your life, but get used to it. Thier loss, but you already know that. See you soon.
love
michelle

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home