Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Meet Longie, Chao Fatty

I should probably do marketing, or at least a referral fee for Rad Power Bikes. We've bought two and I convinced my bestie to also buy one. The affordability just can't be beat.

In Germany, the maximum motor output that does not require a drivers' license or registration is 250 Watts. At the time we decided to turn in our public transportation passes and go all e-bike only fatty was available in the 250 Watt model. The idea for Fatty was to be Paul's bike that he used to take the boys to school in the morning and then go to work. Ha...working outside of home office, who knows when that will happen again.


We gave it a good go for a year, but as you can see it was a bit crowded.

In September 2020, Longie became available in a 250 W version. We sold Fatty to our friend Captain Maciej and Longie became part of the family. I mean look at all this room:

My original thought is we could get all three on there when Carmen can sit-up, but I think we'll be hitting the weight limit here before long. Hopefully we'll get more than a year out of this one before we have to trade again. In the mean time, it is Hugo nap approved. 

This was the start of his nap. Then I put my backpack in front of him and he spent the next hour like this.





 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home