Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Democracy is a B, Part Deux

Surprise, surprise...I don't do my best writing with no sleep at 5 am. ;)

In the week since the election, I've learned of many people who voted for Trump. These are lovely people who don't fit the description of white, never traveled, and not educated. Now I have a different take:

This election, too many of us forgot our hearts and heads when we went to the polls. Our 'crap detectors' stopped working as we got caught in a reality TV saga.

There are the other factors - the FBI email investigation, Russia's hacks, complacency because we thought Hillary was going to win, etc. But in general, we didn't have our game faces on.

While some would say it's too little too late, I'm at the ready to protest, march, or get arrested to show solidarity who those Trump disrespects. I am for unity of this country insofar as it's unity for ALL the people. I have Phelps face now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home