Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Resting at Lamb Farm


A couple years ago - between cancer recurrences - I asked my mom where she would like to have her ashes scattered. Unsurprisingly, she requested multiple, far away places - on her friend Heidi’s rose bushes in Germany, in Thailand, and Buenos Aires. The hill behind the house or the Palouse were not exotic enough for one, Constance Mae (Lamb) Beckley. 

While not part of her original ash scattering request, the rose bushes on Lamb Farm were in need of some mama. Having my mom rest on the farm seemed fitting as she shared some precious time in the last months of her life with my aunt Colleen at the Sequim, Washington farm. In classic Lamb Farm style, my aunt put in so many thoughtful touches for a proper send-off to my mama.



There were so many moments this last weekend that my mom would have loved. I’ve included some below.


Crosby with his puppy friend Bing

 
Photoshoot with Lamb Farm Kitchen yumminess

 
Girl time with Crosby’s other Aunt Colleen

Our 2016 is off to a great start. Hugs to you and yours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Soetaert said...

Looks like a special place! What a great way to remember your mom. XOXO

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home