Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Greetings from Vicodinville, USA

Just to switch things up a bit I decided to get my tonsils out before heading to Germany. It was a bit of an impulse tonsillectomy but I was just ready to get them out. It’s been four days since the surgery and I’m weaning myself from the Vicodin. I apologize if my writing isn’t super clear but the pills are my excuse.

I’m blogging because I have some travel plan updates. I have my flight to Germany squared away. I’ll be flying from Eugene on the 1st of October. After that, I have a very vague idea what I’ll be doing. I have decided that it is time to move from Eugene. I like it here but it’s time to get out of Dodge. The following are a few of my options.

1. Go to Berlin and stay in Berlin. I have a student visa that allows me to work 90 days out of every year. I was thinking I could get a job and then upgrade my visa to a work visa. I would be looking for any job to pay the bills, it doesn’t have to be in my field necessarily.

2. Meet someone in Berlin at the Women’s Health Conference who can offer me a position somewhere in Central Europe. This option would be the best because then I could get my work requirement for my masters done and then actually finish the degree. That would be great.

3. Get off the plane in Phoenix, AZ on my way home from Germany. I’d hang out with my grandparents for a bit and then bum around California to visit family and friends. This last option would maximize hang out time with buddies but not be the best in terms of my career. With this option I’d probably start the international job in Januaryish.

This blog is a call for networking. If any of you know an employer in any of the above mentioned locations feel free to contact him or her. Also, please vote for travel options in the comments section.

I hope all of you are doing well wherever you are. I put a picture below because my recent entries have been photo deficient.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blstanzel said...

So, where do we fit in to those plans? I didn't hear any love for us in there. Well, we'll pray for option 2 but if 3 is the one that happens, maybe we'll see you in CA in december.
Heal well and travel safe.

Stanzel's

1:04 AM  
Blogger andi said...

Paige,

We vote for you to definitely stop over in Hungary, we'd love to see you!
Get better soon!

Much love,

Arpi and Andi (and baby Nina)

3:56 AM  
Blogger andi said...

Oops,

forgot to mention: you look so much more mature now that you are 24, it's crazy! Congrats, and happy belated!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Hillary Holman said...

I vote for #2, obviously, as it would help you get where you want to be. However, that said, I don't see anything wrong with getting a random job in Berlin. I am a big believer in serendipity (ahem - God's plan). Plus, then you would get to hang out in a city you love. I also think that if are in Berlin, even if you're temporarily doing a job that's not in your field, you are likely to find connections and be able to find a job there. And you know I haven't been to Germany yet. :)

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home