Paige's Return to Deutschland!

Hallo from Berlin! This blog is a place for friends and family to get occasional snip-its on Biggs' life in Germany and me to assuage my guilt for living so far away from loved ones. Expect bad syntax and so-so sentence structure. There is no shame in just scrolling for little Biggs' photos for a "cute fix" without the risk of getting sucked into social media.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Twenty-eight is Great!

I’m only two months into 28 and I’m already accomplishing a lot of my goals for this age. In fact, I even completed one of my goals – getting genetic testing - a week before my birthday. Great News! I found out that I am negative for the BRCA1 gene (the breast cancer gene). As many of you know, with the bad news of my mom’s breast cancer came the compounded bad news that she has the breast cancer gene. This meant that I had a 50% chance of getting the gene as well. Thankfully I don’t have it and I cannot pass it to my progeny.

Side note of awesome news – my mom’s September bi-yearly scan came back clear yet again. Her oncologist said she responded to the chemo better than anyone he’s ever seen.

As such, my birthday this year was really a celebration of me and a lifetime of keeping my boobs. This cake, a gift from Colleen, really tied it all together.



This cake was just one of the many wonderful birthday surprises that awaited me. Paul planned the most amazing multiple stage birthday party with surprise guests and adventures: twilight prom photo opps, picnic by the gorge, hike around cool waterfalls, yummy Mexican food with 15 buddies, and then 90s dancing.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home